Machines: The Game
-
Hello guys, is this version playable on multiplayer mode??
if yes how to procceed , i tried to use Hamachi but can't find the other player.. -
@potters
Yes, it works great. I tried to play through LAN and with Tunngle. Check your Hamachi settings. -
@potters You need to direct join an IP after the person with that IP hosts a match, and you've both joined the same Hamachi room.
-
You can also try the https://www.gameranger.com/ software. It supports Machines.
-
Hello. When I run the game it works perfectly, I do not use the autorun item, as it does not work. I start the game from the application labelled 'machines' and it skips the start menu, but that's not to do with my question. Hayden's instructions do not use the disk 1 iso that he supplied, and seeing as it works, that's ok. But I was wondering, can I burn the disk 1 and 2 iso's to hard disks and install the game the way it was meant to be? I also assumed this might fix the fact there is no music, as I assume that is on disk 2 but cannot be used unless its a hard copy? Either way, it would be great to know, as it saves me trying and failing, but if it does work, it would be great to have a hard copy in English, seeing as I cant speak Italian and that's all I've got. Turns out the English version is hard to come by. Thanks.
-
@Warharvest_
you can play the music in the background with a music player of your choice :) just get the soundtrack from here: Machines OST.I have the original discs and still the music won't play.
-
@X-Lord
Yeah I've been doing that. It seems strange your originals don't play the music? When I play the game I've installed from here with disk 2 in, it plays the music. Unfortunately it makes the game become Italian, which I don't want. -
@Warharvest_
If you have some spare time and a blank CD you can try following these instructions to make a copy of CD2 with (hopefully) working music using files available from wiredforwar.org. As far as I know, it should be the English version...@X-Lord
Is Machines set to run in a compatibility mode? Some compatibility modes break the CD audio. -
@M123
Cool, thanks. I'll get round to doing that, hopefully... -
This forum is an absolute treasure.
-
@Judas
It's nice to see the site up and running again :)
Welcome back.@Warharvest_
Any luck? -
@M123 Sadly not. Daemon Tools Lite just refused to work for me. I also tried another application to mount it but again no joy. I've just ended up playing the music from my phone because when I tab out of the game (to play the songs from the OST files) I can't reopen it.
-
Thanks for making the CDs available in mds/mdf format with all of their original content, with CD music and everything. I had the "install directory" version from the old WiredForWar forums I got all the way back in 2008, but it didn't have the music and I think the videos were missing. BTW, the music worked fine for me on Windows 7 using Daemon Tools Lite.
-
Thank you so much! I played this thing when I was a kid. I still do from time to time whenever i get my hand on a computer that does not have dedicated graphic card. :)
-
Hello.Thank you for this game.however it does not work on windows 10 :( is there any patch for this?