Well this is amazing :D
Did some quick testing.
Some specific improvements I noticed, for those who haven't had a look yet:
- Working, separate volume sliders
- Music proceeds through tracks correctly
- 32-bit colour
- Texture4 (high resolution) used by default
- Improved LOD distance and reduced shadow clipping (original || Machines 1.5)
- Improved texture filtering (works better than forcing bilinear via dgVoodoo - smooths transparent texture edges and reduces distant terrain shimmering)
- First person without letterboxing / black bars
- Menu animations play at a sane speed on high refresh rates
- Loads 512x512 textures without crashing (hey @antrad !)
- High-resolution support (beyond old Direct3D limit of 2048x2048)
- Configurable refresh rate
- Day/Night cycle performance issues (stuttering) seem to be fixed
I seem to have too many available resolutions / refresh rates, so the list runs off the bottom of the screen. My native resolution and refresh rate were selected by default, and setting other resolutions via
config.xml works fine.
Windows 7 64-bit Intel Core i7 4770 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (driver 431.36) 1920x1080 @ 120 Hz
Note: my original Machines screenshots are with dgVoodoo 2 installed - without it the game crashes on the loading screen.