Mods: Machines Loader
-
Machines Loader is a small application released for the purpose of modifying Machines's hardcoded limits. The utility starts Machines with a modified value of unit limits for the scenario and campaign modes, has the ability to remove the 5 BMU's required to place constructions and provides a possibility for disabling the checking for the second CD, keeping the music and videos. It runs only with a Windows 2000/XP patched version of Machines.
Download here.
-
Uh, do I feel like you sir are uploadin' stuff every 5 minutes or so?
...just a feeling.
-
@Encrypted Are you questioning THE BOSS, BROSKI???!!! HUH??
You better ease down before I unleash the killer bunnies on your ass...
-
There are no bunnies around 'till someone summons them using the Altar of the Demons by sacrificing an infant. For now, we're safe.
...wait, is th---
-
What do You think about refreshed version of loader with option for lauching machines with specifed mod? Do we need this?
-
@mb Yes, please. It would be extremely useful (and convenient).
-
@mb said:
What do You think about refreshed version of loader with option for lauching machines with specifed mod? Do we need this?
Yes!
However, I intend to create and update a single mod. So people will only bee able to select seperate versions of the same, huge mod.
What would be my fantasy, besides a Machines Mapcreator is:
A loader for Mod-users that.
When loaded:- Automatically deletes the scninfo.bin file (and other .bin files that have an updated .txt)
- Deletes old mach1.met
- Allows selection of the the right StringX.met file
- Moves the StringX.met file to /Machines
- Renames StringX.met to mach1.met
- Play
And for Modders:
- Automatically renames the old mach1.met to BackupString##.met (Put it in /Backup)
- Loads the new files in a fresh Newmach1.met with metaex.exe
- Places it in the right location.
- Deletes scninfo.bin.
- Copies Newmach1.met to /Machines
- Deletes old mach1.met
- Changes the name from Newmach1.met to mach1.met
- Play
Also, if the unit limits could be set to 160 on default, that would give a modder more breathing room.
-
keeping music and videos....???
how do i get the music to play o.o