IRC Chat
-
We used to have members join an IRC channel on quake net a while back before the forums restarted with the following information:
Server: irc.quakenet.org
Channel: #wiredforwarIf you don't want to download an IRC client there is a browser client here.
If you're new to IRC, with any client you should be able to join that server and type "/join #wiredforwar" after you connect to the server.Maybe later @Hayden could host one on this site instead of quakenet?
-
Oh, IRC? Great!
I use IRC alongside with my Assault Cube clan, but that's another story. -
Chats on website are kind of annoying, at least to me. External chats are always better, because people actually need to join willingly and not just write random stuff because they got an account on the website.
Anyway, I'll join the IRC chat again.
-
@SinJul Indeed, I don't like website chats aswell. But I don't want to install anything here 'til I get a new hard disk... so for now, that's my only option.
And, sure, IRC clients > website chats. My favourite is HydraIRC.
-
I'd certainly be willing to host one here. Though ironically I'm more of a fan of web clients now like JabbR 😆
-
@Hayden
JabbR looks interesting.While I don't like webclients, I just saw the ability to display inline content and i don't know anymore lol.