Speed run of campaign
-
Hello all!
I'm finished my speed run of all 20 campaign missions. You may watch it on my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeyXzFFs07mdBPY4t2R2ogw?view_as=subscriberI would like to get feedback :)
-
@TMG-HK
Welcome!
Truly impressive. -
Hi there!
Yeah, very creative of you to find such alternative ways to win the missions. I really enjoyed watching it. Great work! -
Thanks a lot )
-
Hi!
I'm add some speed run videos to my channel. The Controller mission was passed at less than 5 min! And Behind Enemy Lines too :) -
@TMG-HK I don't get how you beat The Controller. Can you explain how is it possible that you could see through the fog of war?
-
The way I did it was by using Judas Warlord type Commanders, a lot of patience, and saving the game each time I made a small progress. Inching my way through the corridors y managed to convert enough enemy machines to increase my numbers, and by generating havoc in the enemy lines I avoided the destruction of my most valuable units. It is vital to use Scavengers as well.
The Fog of War was on, I simply explored the entire map, slowly, very slowly, by securing the entrances to the vaults I cleared.
This level requires your best strategies rather than your best tactics: the way you administer resources is more important than how you fight.
Also, by retaining control of the entrances to your strongholds, you will force Midian units to move in rows, going one by one towards your "guards", preventing them to spread and increase their firepower (basically you'll increase your surface area, maximizing your number of units while reducing theirs):
Furthermore, an easy way to stop the Midian Controller from generating units fast is by puting your own units on the factories' platforms. That way they cannot spawn despite being ready.
I hope this helps!
-
@Pisarz Judas Warlords and Scavengers are definitely the way to go for this mission; steal lots of high value units and hold off enemies until your army is big enough to overthrow chokepoints.
-
@bilal I didn't even realize how useful Judas Warlords (with treachery) were until this mission. And to be really effective you must use them in first person view, make a suicide charge and dodge attacks until you get to strong enemy units and capture them. It really makes you appreciate the first person view. I would always keep few scavengers around to pick up the debris after the resulting chaos and few medics to heal the captured units if they survive the attack from their group.
The most difficult part is surviving the first 10-15 minutes, until the big attack with the Goliaths, after that the attacks slow down.
-
@X-Lord said:
Can you explain how is it possible that you could see through the fog of war?
Of course. I used a hotkey that remembers the position of the center of the screen. I remember the position in the fog of war where located generator. Then moved to an area where fog of war is absent. Took the constructor and prepared for the construction, pressed the hot key and moved to the memorized position. In this case, the game includes fog of war in a fraction of a second, maybe 0.1 or 0.2 seconds. During this time I manage to put the green building which makes investigation and cleans fog of war.
-
Link to complete the final mission without using bugs and a first-person view. Enjoy your viewing
https://youtu.be/NwEjcHimA_I?list=PLob-jWpcs_yw8b0De4q9mVt_3Wwbde1Qg