Damage Reduction of Armor?
-
Does anybody know the algorithm/equation used in machines for damage reduction based on unit armor?
-
Time for me to shine. I'll get back to you in a few min
-
@bilal I guess it's
Armor points amount + max points amount / damage dealt300 + 450 = 750 / 25 = 30
but idk, hard 2 me lulz
i suck at guessing anyway -
It's 1 per hit as long as the unit/building has Armor. When the Damage depletes the armor all damage goes straight to HP. I tested the weapons of:
Scout
Warrior
Enforcer
Crusader
Goliath
WarlordAnd I tested on:
WarFac 5
WarFac3
Pod
Warrior
EnforcerSo the algorithm is pretty darn easy.
Due to this rapid fire is insanely damaging as it rips through armor, because hits always cause 1 damage,
-
@Judas
So while the unit is armored anything only does 1 damage to hp? How much does it do to the armor? -
Jep, Doesn't matter if it's a scout or a twin mounted Goliath.
Scout does (In my version of the game at least) 20 damage (normally it's 4 or something) and a Goliath does 2x80.
Against a 2000 Armor and 1000 HP Pod this means 1980 Armor / 999 HP (That's 21DAM total) for the Scout and 1840 / 998 HP(162DAM Total) for the Goliath.
Once the Armor is down to say, 100 Armor, 980 HP, then it goes like 80 / 979 for the scout(21DAM Total) and 0 / 920 for the Goliath. (160DAM Total)
But in all honesty, I think we can think of something better. lol
-
@Judas Okay, thanks. Yeah that is weird, we probably could just redesign armor even in the first version including it.
-
@Judas said:
Once the Armor is down to say, 100 Armor, 980 HP, then it goes like 80 / 979 for the scout(21DAM Total) and 0 / 960 for the Goliath. (160DAM Total)
The goliath does 160 damage, but the armor goes down 100 and the hp goes down 20. That leaves 40 damage disappearing. Did you mess up math, or am I missing something?
Also, if there is still armor left over (say it goes from 200 to 40) does the goliath deal 1 or 2 HP damage? It is two missiles, after all.
-
See edits