Machines Demo music?
-
I don't know if this is un the correct place yo post this, but I just wondered: when I was a kid, I used to play the demo version of machines, which had a campaign level on the moon I think, and a skirmish mode demo in the dessert. Well I remember the in game music was a very different one from the final version, there was only one track, not very long, and didn't sound like any other track in the game. I have been searching for that track forna long time and I can't find it anywhere. My computer has broken and I cant extract it from the demo's files.
If someone can upload it or send me a link or something, I would apreciate it a lot.
Thank's in advance and sorry for my english, is not my mother language... -
-
I have already downloaded it, and is not in there... But thank you anyway partner 👍😉
-
I played that a lo too. The commander had way different voice as well as higher stats like hp and shield but also higher weapon damage.
-
@Byrgius It was a long time ago so I dont exactly remember, but could be. I remember you could only reach a certain research level, the best builder I could get was a bulldozer, I remember it; and at a certain time the blue team would send a gorilla to anihilate everything on your base. But I think you know which is the music Im talking about.
-
@Byrgius By the way, you remind me that it was not the only machine that had a different voice...
The "Overseer" (or Wasp, or whatever it was supposed to be) had an awesome voice! I especially loved his quote "I am sorry if I failed you". Just awesome!
And the Warlord had a different voice too... look here if you want to download all those demo sounds: http://wiredforwar.org/topic/43/demo-soundsAnd, yeah... that mission with Gorillas. I usually produced mass Reapers and shredded them before they could come closer.
-
@Encrypted Thanks, the track im desperately searching for wasnt there or I couldnt find it. Anyway thank you! It was nice to hear those voices and sounds again, brings back old memories. And yeah that gorilla was extremely hard to defeat...
-
@Encrypted Yes that's it! Oh the nostalgia... :D by the way were there more than one version of demo out there? I know that Knight with bolters and plasma were the top tech you could produce there. How did you get the Wasp, Overseer and Warlord to control there?
-
@Byrgius You actually couldn't use them (by the way the Overseer is the Wasp now), but their sound files were present and they were damn awesome. I also remember that someone made the Virus weapon "work", but the game crashed whenever the machine did anything. Or something.
I guess guys from Acclaim and Charybdis were still workin' on the game while the demo was released, and I also guess I'm right.And yeah, as I remember, the best military machines you could research were Knights.
And yes, there was another demo version of Machines, yet it looked way, way, WAY different. Maybe not at all, but Grunts had 5 eyes or something. Thing is, it's quite hard to find.
-
@Encrypted
That second demo I think was just an E3 showcase; I don't think it was playable. That was back when the game was planned to be on N64. -
@bilal said:
@Encrypted
That second demo I think was just an E3 showcase; I don't think it was playable. That was back when the game was planned to be on N64.This one!
http://www.hogton.com/animation/movies/machines-e3-demo.htm -
@Pisarz The music in that movie, except for the closing flourish, is in the intro movie that plays before reaching the main menu after loading. It's not available to rip into iTunes though, since it's a movie, not a song, although it does show up as Track 1. I guess I'll try copying it manually and see if I can convert it to something more flexible.
-
@sd70mac
Well, I focused more on the movie itself, since it states on the title that it was for the E3. I have the demo (not the old, rare one), but I don't know how to extract files from it. -
Ok since I think no one knows about the track Im talking about, I searched on my brain and remembered, the demo was included on a micromania cd. I have made a midi with the begining of the track as I remember it. It doesn't sound the exact way and is not finished, just made the first half. Let's see if anyone knows about what Im searching for now :)
Machines Demo.mid
There it is I think, I'm not shure on how uploading things :S -