I had a Machines dream
-
Yep, and now you're all gonna hear about it....
I had a dream that I was in this super cool mission where you had to sneakily overtake a mining area and gather enough resources to overtake a huge base before you caught their attention, and it had different difficulty levels and stuff, and... sigh I want machines 2 dammit. Why does no one care about Machines....
-
@Asdam nice dream man
-
@Asdam It's probably because Acclaim and Charybdis gone bankrupt (at least the first one - the publisher, idk much about Charybdis). That's why no one cares. But, on the other hand, we're the ones who care, right? After all, OpenMachines wouldn't be under production if no one did. And this site wouldn't be here, neither.
True, we don't say much, but what is there to say for now? Good thing you started a topic, though.
And about Acclaim... dayum, I really feel bad for them. This game was a total success, but they were going bankrupt after releasing some games, so they had to release a crappy one which was supposed to be a quick cashgrab. Didn't work, though, so this is how it's here.
Maybe if devs went the way Warzone 2100's devs did, perhaps there would be a bigger community, but who knows?
-
Thanks @bilal! And that's very true @AvionAris , this site is super cool and I daresay vital for the Machines community.
And I'm really tempted to get directly involved with OpenMachines! I've seen there are some models from the game somewhere around this site and such. And isn't there something on Github? Scripting with a modern engine (I'm looking at Unity) shouldn't be too insane!