Project OpenMachines
-
Introduction
Hi everybody. I've decided that I'm going to kickstart MachinesUE.
Therefore I'll be hiring one or more freelancers that can supply steady updates to this game. Want to help? Send me a PM or reply in this thread with your skills.
Project Tracking
Getting the old files
- Extraction from 1999 game - DONE
Sounds / Music / Voices
- From old game - DONE
Creation of Blender files (3d models)
- Buildings - DONE
- Units bases DONE
- Locomotion DONE
- Faceplates DONE
- Weapons DONE
- Artifacts TO BE STARTED
- Other TO BE STARTED
Static meshes in UE4
- Buildings DONE
- Units bases IN PROGRESS
- Locomotion DONE
- Faceplates DONE
- Weapons DONE
- Artifacts TO BE STARTED
- Other TO BE STARTED
Upscaled Textures in UE4
- Upscaling to 4K DONE
- Uploading into UE4 DONE
Blueprints
- Buildings - DONE
- Units - IN PROGRESS
- Artifacts - TO BE STARTED
- Other - TO BE STARTED
Animation
- Units - TO BE DONE
- Buildings - TO BE DONE
AI
- Pathfinding - IN PROGRESS
Resource systems
- Mining - TO BE STARTED
- Transporting - TO BE STARTED
- Resource types - TO BE STARTED
Building systems
- Selection menu - TO BE IMPROVED
- Building blueprint - TO BE IMPROVED
As a start we're going to take an existing 'RTS Template' that's based on a bunch of blueprints. First step is to check if this template is any good and if we can use it to build on
The Team
-
Project Management
Judas -
Game Developers
Tomas N..
Marius
Note: We'll be re-using the original files in order to stay true to the 1999 version. Once we have that version (MVP) then we can consider upgrading meshes/textures/etc
Downloads
MachinesUE Game Files:
Download MachinesUE Game Files
We're going to set up a Subversion, link TBA.Upload Game Files?
If you want to upload custom sounds/files/models, send me a message for read/write permissions. (You agree to forfeit any rights to intellectual property that you send in, because I can't be bothered to remove anything or pay up when you change your mind!)MachinesUE will be free, always and I'm not going to make a single penny of of it :) All rights belong to Nightdive Studios!
Reaction Nightdive studio
Hey Wouter,
Thanks for reaching out, you are free to work on fan projects as long as it's not commercialized. If you want to periodically send us updates I'd love to check in on your progress. Also, if you have a pitch doc or a design doc you want to share I'd love to check it out. We've only recently received the source code so unfortunately we haven't had time to do anything with it.
Regards,
Stephen
-
Been working on the 3D models for buildings today :)
-
Im just dropping in to say I hope that someone is able to do the game justice and build upon its very rudimentary and basic principles and breath some new life into it.
-
Work is (very) slowly progressing :)
-
-
@Judas neat! Your lab technician has this aggresive look instead of sad one. Pretty badass :D
-
@X-Lord That was actually a mistake, although I'm playing with the idea to switch out the eyes depending on the health or command.
So if the health is low = sad eyes, even if its a military unit.
If command is 'attack', then angry eyes! and so forth