I have ideas for unit names
-
Yay, check it out, my first attempt:
NOTE: This is REALLY my first attempt.
NOTE2: I didn't want to flood the forum with my countless posts, so... well.yay.gorilla
-
@Encrypted
Cool, what do they do? ;)
I had this dream a long time ago about Machines. It had to do with the game using the Camera system as a strategic aspect of the game.
For example, the player could build scanners that operate in a small area and remove the fog of war (Instead of a single scanner like we have now).
However, what got my interest was that I thought of combining a physics engine, a RTS with the 1st Person Shooter capabilities Machines has together with this system.
For example, in my dream you could fire off Camera-bots (Tiny metal balls with cameras) over hills and rivers etc, and these would allow the player access to 1st person camera's all over the map. Basically, instead of a traditional minimap, the person that was the smartest with their surveillance had the strategic edge.
Then I thought more about Machines firing other machines, walking and self-constructing mines and factories, nano-swarms and the amount of mayhem that they caused. I wrote it down but I think I threw it all away again. :(
-
@Judas Well... my only dream 'bout it was to see it in a new, refreshed version. With more units, more thinkin', more buttons, more explosions, more... well, everything!
Before, my dream was to simply have the full version o'it. But it seems like my dreams changed when I've saw almost nobody remembered this game.
So, my dream now?...
...make it the most famous game ever, boys. People simply HAVE to play it. Even if Acclaim Entertainment and Charybdis Ltd. are not existing anymore, it shouldn't be insanely hard.
When the site died, I asked my friend programmer to make this game (refreshed one, I mean). He said "Yes", yet he had absolutely no idea how. He's been doing it, of course, but the game was NOT that game. It was absolutely different, even at the alpha stage (well, it was the only stage). Maybe I'm judging him too much,
I've thought there's nobody who can help... and then this site has been revived. It's like it has its own soul, its own spirit; it never dies, it just comes back to life after a... short while. But the spirit of this site is unique, even if its body gets itself destroyed, it comes back in another body! Yeah, it might be a bit confusing... but nvm, let's come back to the reality.
I'll make another thread describing those units (honestly I don't like to mess around with civilian units, so forgive me if I won't write anything).
My dear, this post is long.
yay.gorilla -
@Encrypted
Woo! Get pumped haha.Yup, wasn't entirely sure the site would be back earlier on. Glad that people found their way back.
-
@Judas said:
@Encrypted
Cool, what do they do? ;)
I had this dream a long time ago about Machines. It had to do with the game using the Camera system as a strategic aspect of the game.
For example, the player could build scanners that operate in a small area and remove the fog of war (Instead of a single scanner like we have now).
However, what got my interest was that I thought of combining a physics engine, a RTS with the 1st Person Shooter capabilities Machines has together with this system.
For example, in my dream you could fire off Camera-bots (Tiny metal balls with cameras) over hills and rivers etc, and these would allow the player access to 1st person camera's all over the map. Basically, instead of a traditional minimap, the person that was the smartest with their surveillance had the strategic edge.
Then I thought more about Machines firing other machines, walking and self-constructing mines and factories, nano-swarms and the amount of mayhem that they caused. I wrote it down but I think I threw it all away again. :(
The dynamic camera effect and perspective changes and transitions is quite interesting. I'll soon upload a couple of sketches of the POV's to see if I understood the "strategic edge" concept. I recommend homeworld and tom clancy's endwar gameplays as references.
-
Yay, updated. How Gorillish... is there such a word?
yay.gorilla
-
@Encrypted If you're going to put a personal list on the public net, you should use your personal discussion page, your sandbox page (wikipedia gives one; I don't know about wikia), pastebin, google docs, yourworldoftext.com, a forum thread, etc. It's misleading, and a little conceited, to put your ideas as their own article on a wiki about the game that was already released. With all due respect, a wiki page is not exactly a place for opinions, sketches, ideas, etc.