Assembling Machines
-
How about electronic warfare units?
One unit could scramble/jam a unit's radar, rendering it unaware of anything not immediately in front of it.
Another unit may discharge an EMP blast that temporarily immobilizes an enemy unit.
Make it possible for any unit with night vision to "share" their field of view with any machines in their squadron.
-
@Pisarz said:
You know what, those legged units kinda remind me of...
...this guy, also known as the Cycloid Emperor. Especially their legs. And their upper body, too. -
@Encrypted
Mmm... I'm not sure. These guys are quite small, and don't have any arms. Their tails can switch between an individual mode (bipedal) as a balancing item for better running performance (horizontal position), and gestalt mode, in which their tails turn upwards to support the aerial unit. The twins (ground units) assemble their backs in gestalt mode to form a quadrupedal unit. The aerial unit can assemble with both their bipedal or quadrupedal forms.
This description refers that design only. It is one of my favourites.
Yet, I have to make an organized portfolio with descriptions so that you can compare the designs, etc. But, as I said in one of my recent posts, I won't be uploading as much stuff as usual for some weeks. Yet, I'll be back!
Here is my very first set of sketches:
@Aquarillis
Your suggestions are interesting! I'll keep them in mind for future designs. -
I developed another design for the Gestalt program. It's called Cerberus. I'll upload the sketches soon, although the portfolio isn't ready (I'm undertaking exams and need to study).
-
-
Little sketch of a Gestalt prototype :)
-
Reminded me of this.... Skip to 3:14 https://youtu.be/3A785RkGfl0?
-
@Gameuser10
Edit:
Good reference! I've never played Halo, although the original Gestalt unit was inspired by Boston Dynamics' robots:
Do you think that we should choose the Cerberus design or the first one? Or keep on trying? -
-
Amazing, I'd love to see this in game!
-
Damn, that's looking good!
Also, whatever the Vortex Singularity does, I'm almost sure it quickly sends machines to alternate dimensions, where they get destroyed because of unknown reasons.
-
@Encrypted
Repurposing chamber? :) -
@Encrypted The Vortex Singularity Black Holes Canon
-
@Ddc_Cl Well, yeah. This thing. The Vortex Singularity fires some sort of a sphere which is black. I guess it either sucks everything in or sends everything to a different dimension, but since I can't find a damn piece of information about it...
yay.gorilla
-
Cerberus reminds me of that Assault troop transport? in C&C? that transports smaller units but lets them fight. so it basically gets so many slots, and then can fire a weapon of each type. Bit like a moving bunker from terran/starcraft
Assault troop transport
-
I actually agree with making machines have switchable weapons. Did anyone ever play Warzone 2100?
Custom Tanks Screen
somewhere in it lets you customize body/wheels/weapon to make your own units pretty much.
I dont want to go crazy with that, but having choose-able weapons works well. I mean you could do the same thing with body/locomotion/weapons but then there'd be no point to each of the units. It might make creating units simpler. -
Ooo ooo! that fan one gave me an idea.
I present the "TRI-Flyer" or "The flea" for the individual ones.
On on their own they can climb terrain and they hop to move around, but cant fly, but when three join together they can fly and move quicker and pick up other units! but they cant attack, unless you keep them a "flea" and change out their adapter for a weapon? alternatively it could be a faster scout.. you could disconnect them with a "flea" button and they'd pop apart mid air. giving them a better chance to partially survive in a bad situation.