Voice-acting
-
Very well, I recorded my voice and modified it slightly. Here are the results (I tried to sound like my favourite unit!):
gorillabye.mp3 - "Bye-bye!"
gorillaexplode.mp3 - "Me explode!"
gorillahot.mp3 - "Gorilla hot!"
gorillahuh.mp3 - "Huh?"
gorillakill1.mp3 - "Me destroy it!"
gorillakill2.mp3 - "Me smash it!"
gorillamegot.mp3 - "Me got something to smash!"
gorillanowell.mp3 - "No feeling well."
gorillaside.mp3 - "Me on other side now!"
gorillaspawn.mp3 - Gorilla's breathWell?
yay.gorilla
-
Hahaha awesome, especially that last one! Nearly killed me. I think the units need to be a bit more lifelike and sounding like that.
I would like to see you do some with 'Me' replaced with 'Gorilla'. Either stick with first person or third person.
Considering Gorilla's are not the brightest, I'd stick with the third person. (Gorilla smash it! Gorilla fight on other side now!) -
@TheOriginalFoxx It will be done!
-
Ho-ho-ho! Merry Christmas!
I made a few different voice files (for the Seeding Pod, any faction other than Red). Tell me what ya think of'em:pod_blue_bmus1.mp3 - "Insufficient BMUs."
pod_blue_building_destroyed.mp3 - "A building has been destroyed."
pod_blue_ion.mp3 - "Ion Cannon firing!"
pod_blue_enemy_ion.mp3 - "Warning! Enemy Ion Cannon firing."
pod_blue_mat1.mp3 - "We're running low on building materials!"
pod_blue_mat2.mp3 - "We have no more building materials left."
pod_blue_nuke_firing3.mp3 - Mwahahahahaha!
pod_blue_nuke_ready.mp3 - "Nuclear Silo ready to launch. Awaiting launch coordinates."
pod_blue_nuke1.mp3 - "Insufficient BMUs for nuke launch."
pod_blue_underattack.mp3 - "Our base is being attacked!"Notice the accented R. I'm especially amazed how well was it done in pod_blue_mat1.
yay.gorilla
P.S. Don't think I forgot about the Gorilla voice files.
-
I've made a new sample, tried to make it as badass and as... hmm... understandable as possible.
Is it understandable? -
@Encrypted hmmm sorta understandable, but how close to the originals can you make it? I cant remember what the original sounds even sound like.
Also just a thought, maybe we should use different peoples voices for different types of units?
The seeding pod voice sounds pretty good (i have no idea what the original sounds like) it sounds like what operations voice should sound sorta like.Cant understand what badass.mp3 is actually saying, except "stop ..... get back to work" after listening to it a few times i can figure out it says "Stop messing around and get back to work" but you want it understandable instantly, maybe reduce the.. reverb? its not "attack" ... um its the opposite one, the out going one, the one that controls how fast/sudden the echo stops. Im not remembering my audio words today.
it needs some noise too, like light crackling/popping in the background maybe? -
@JRL101 I didn't even use reverb in that sound. I only used Noise Reduction, Silence Truncating & Compressing, Echo, Paulstretch and Pitch Reduction. But if you suggested that tool to reduce something, I can try, why not? And yeah, I might try to make it a bit more... "autotuned", too. I just need to understand how does the Equalization function work.
Yes, it's exactly "stop messing around and get back to work". True, we should have more variety in unit voices. I might try to make myself sound like in the original game, why not.The pod's voice sounded completely different. I already said "this could be used for different machine factions/colors". Yes, it sounds a bit RRRRRRussian, but honestly, I wanted it to sound like that.
Maybe I can make some units sound like they were sounding. I usually thought that I can make an excellent Warlord voice, but I'll need helluva lotsa research on that. I usually do unit voices just for fun. However, I think I can try.
I also like the Reaper's voice a lot, I might consider trying to voice-act like this one, too.
I don't think I'm the best, but, hell, trial and error always pays off, I think!yay.gorilla
-
@Encrypted Well make a list of lines from each unit, and try to replicate one unit per sitting.
Wait isn't echo reverb? If you use an oscillating square frequency for the auto tune you'll get more of that robotic voice.
Let me show you what i did with my sisters voice to make a WOPR style voice.WOPR_Unfiltered.mp3
WOPR_WFWSiteExport.mp3
WOPR_WFWSiteExport_NoHarmony.mp3I only cut up her voice, added noise and autotuned it to a square modulation, then changed the pitch per word. Obviously i tweaked the tempo and stuff.
EDIT: I told her to read the words out of order, to destroy the inflections, even just reading the line backwards and cutting it back in order can help.
-
@JRL101 No, no, echo isn't reverb. It's a different function. But thanks for the advice.
Y'know, I was actually doing a list of lines from each unit. That's how I made these first two "voice line packs". However, there is SOMETIMES a little bit of problem with understanding some of these voice lines, to be honest. Like, some of the Gorilla's voice lines.Also, as far as I know, those machines have robotic voices, but not that much. I mean, they don't sound humane enough, but on the other hand, their voices ain't that super-mega-stiff.
Consider badass.mp3 to be an experiment.
Alsooooo, on a small note, I made this sound for my friend's puzzle game: http://xnetwork.dy.fi/puzzle/enlighten.mp3yay.gorilla
-
@Encrypted I thought echos were a reverberation taking longer to return to your ear.
A reverberation is perceived when the reflected sound wave reaches your ear in less than 0.1 second after the original sound wave.Yea Machines unit voices (i've been looking them up) just sound like they are either filtered through an autotune (like soundwave from transformers), or have that radio effect over them.
Give this SITE an experiment for autotuned filters ^ ,^ heaps of fun.Very starcraft that game sound. Adun'twain-us