Models Things
-
Hi peeps.
i was Checking out the Models that Judas Get form the Original files and i dicover and figure out this things:- i can use the original model as reference for Make the new one more detailed and more Smooth, i aready do the Pod Look awesome i gonna upload it soon
Pod Pick:
- the original way the models where maked on game (where fun saw how they figure out this thing on that time XD)
Also we can use the original Texture, we have to Rezise it (they are 64X64), clean it, add more details (scratch, Wires and stuff) and make Normals
i read on the RoadMap that wanna Add a Unit Editor in that case we have to make the Unit Modular, In the 3D program i just make the Part separate form the "Torso", in Game we have to make the Torso a main Piece and add Empy Child for the Legs , Weps , Face ,ETC. (I was working on this one in Unity but i could Figure it out on UE4
- i can use the original model as reference for Make the new one more detailed and more Smooth, i aready do the Pod Look awesome i gonna upload it soon
-
So it's like making a model HD? That's awesome!
I would love to see a HD Gorilla!yay.gorilla
-
I wouldn't worry about the Unit Editor (That's already going to be included in UE4 anyway), but yes, the units would have to be modular anyway so different parts can move properly.
On another note, when you opened the extracted models in Maya, were their parts all in pieces and disconnected? I found it kind of difficult to put them back together when I first looked at them. I did that so far with a pod and an assassin warlord.
-
@Ddc_Cl
¡Awesome! Also, are the references like character sheets or are they the models themselves? -
@bilal said:
Were their parts all in pieces and disconnected?
Well, I once opened these models in AC3D. I didn't even know if these were the actual models! I guess this explains everything if they all were in pieces, though.
yay.gorilla
-
@Encrypted
Yeah it seems that the extractor tool didn't receive the proper location data of the objects. Trust me, piecing a reaper together is not fun haha, -
@bilal Yeh come Splited and in diferent Files, The external part of the Pod is a file and Internal Part of the Pod is another file, the shadow itselft is another part ID
and in that way all the other models -
@Pisarz Models Itselft the Original (or the Base ones)
But if wanna add a new stuff like Machines, Wep or anything then should send me a Ortographic Front-Side(-back) Ref Sheet
Example i do the "plasma Bolt mortal" of @Encrypted, based on the Draw that he postPS: Sorry if use To Much Cap i am very Used to the CamelCase ID
-
@Ddc_Cl Excellent! I can provide you with reference sheets then, since I too want to add new things. As soon as I can I will post them on a separate thread.
-
-
I would love a copy of the models, im working on remakes in my spare time, but i need a base to start with for proportions.
-
Hi, I created a Reaper in Blender. It is already rigged and textured. For the Textures it may be helpful to have some basic Materail-Textures for the Metal, so that the Models look not too different. I already created some and if you like them I can share them. ;D
Based on the model, i uploaded two vids. In one animation i just let the legs move, to better support a moving body for aming in first person for example.
//Added: Run Animation:
Animation with moving body
Animation without moving bodyHere is the Result:
-
Is there a new Machines game being created here?
-
Ok, dumb question. I must check in more often. I appreciate the work, and I hope it comes to completion.
-
@marvin Well done, looks great!
@Refragger Not quite, there has been some divided focus on working on a remake project, but there was a lack of commitment. It's a bit difficult to commit to it for me right now as I have a lot going on. That said, I know @Judas was recently using a framework to make a prototype.
-
@Refragger
Same here. It's difficult whe you have to sart from zero. But there was some excitement some months ago due to the possibility that Night Dive Studios might make a remake.
Maybe we'll see Eden 4 once again.
-
Gotcha, thanks.
-
@marvin said:
Hi, I created a Reaper in Blender. It is already rigged and textured. For the Textures it may be helpful to have some basic Materail-Textures for the Metal, so that the Models look not too different. I already created some and if you like them I can share them. ;D
Based on the model, i uploaded two vids. In one animation i just let the legs move, to better support a moving body for aming in first person for example.
//Added: Run Animation:
Animation with moving body
Animation without moving bodyHere is the Result:
Hey, that's pretty cool